Climbing Mt. Damavand (5609m), classic south route
Damawand is located about 80 km north east of capital city Tehran. It is the highest peak in Iran and the highest volcano in the Middle East. The mountain and its surrounding areas are popular hiking, climbing, and skiing destinations. All around are other peaks of the Alborz Mountain Range, in the north to the Caspian Sea plain and in the south descending to the deserts of central Iran.
Day 1: Arrival to Tehran; Check into a hotel.
Day 2: Ride to ”Polour”, the complex of mountain federation or Goosfand-sara (3000m Base camp of Mount Damavand). Trek up to Bargah Sevom (Shelter at 4200m high) and acclimatize there. O/N
Day 3: The day for extra acclimatization or bad weather.
Day 4: Summit day; Climbing to Mt. Damavand Summit, Trek back to the shelter O/N.
Day 5: Descend to Goosfand-Sara and ride to ”Larijan” village enjoying the hot SPA basins and travel back to Tehran; Check into a hotel.
Day 6: Sightseeing in the capital; overnight at the hotel.
Day 7: Departure from Tehran.
Tour group size: 10 pax
Price from: 880 Euros net
- 3 nights of accommodations in 4 stars hotel,
- 3 nights of accommodations in shelter or trekking camp
- 4WD cars for transfer from Polour the complex of mountain federation to Goosfand-Sara
- Experienced English tour guide for 7 days and mountain guide for 4 days.
- All meals in the morning and 4 lunch and dinner during trekking days.
- All the entrance fees
- Transfer and leadership of a tour guide
- Mount Damavand’s permit
- Hiring porters or mules to carry loads up to 15kg/person
- 1 day sightseeing in Tehran