The garden is 5.5 hectares[iran travel] with a rectangular shape and a wall around it. It consists of an entrance structure and gate at the lower end and a two-floor residential structure at the upper end. The distance between these two is ornamented with water fountains that are engined by the natural incline of the land. The garden is a fine example of Persian gardens that take advantage of suitable natural climate.
A garden was built for Mohammad Hasan Khan Qajar Sardari Iravani ca. 1850 on this site, and was entirely remodeled and extended around 1870 by Abdolhamid Mirza Naserodolleh during the eleven years of his governorship in the Qajar dynasty. The current visible structure dates almost entirely to this second period, and is formally related to similar gardens designed by NaseroDolleh in Tehran. (Bagh Chal in Niavaran) The construction was left unfinished, due to the death of Abdolhamid Mirza in the early 1890s.